You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Other Information
Three Day Watercolour Workshop: Instructor Soon Y. Warren
Watercolour Group Studio Exercise
The class will learn how to create an image of chosen subjects, such as, a cut crystal bowl with florals, Koi pond water, or Silver pots in watercolour with a step by step process. To speed up the class exercise, Soon Y Warren will provide a reference photo and drawing for the group exercise. Following a painting demonstration, workshop participants will do their own painting in order to fully understand the process. While concentrating on technique, the concept of color theory, composition, and colour values will be incorporated into the workshop.
While painting workshop participants will learn:
- Glazing and washing techniques to create a luminous under painting
- How to utilize light and dark values in order to capture the sparkle of glass
- How to approach a painting
- How to incorporate the concept of colour theory and colour relationships into a painting
- Discussion and critiques will follow during workshop session
- In addition to the group exercise, participants are encouraged to bring current pieces to paint along with reference photos. To make the most of instructional time, prepare the drawing before the workshop.
To read about the process of how to paint same crystal bowl before workshop, read the step by step painting process of same crystal in my second book “Painting Vibrant Watercolour- discover the magic of light, colour and contrast.”
- Hake brushes, Quill brushes
- Round – number 1, 2, 4, 6 & 8
- Flat – ¼ inch, ½ inch and 1 inch
Colours: Watercolour paints.
Palette: One large size palette.
Paper: Two full sheets or three half sheets of Arches 140 lb Cold Press watercolour papers.
Masking Fluid: A new bottle of light coloured art-masking fluid.
Other: One plexiglass or board size about 16″x 23″ for taping down the watercolour paper (half sheet). Three small dishes for making colour liquids, a roll of masking tape, 2 sheets of graphite papers (erasable transfer paper), a hair dryer, a medium size water sprayer, an apron, 3 sheets of tracing papers size about 16″x12″, a pair of scissors, a teaspoon of table salt, a B2 or #2 pencil, erasers and one roll of paper towel and brush cleaner.
Soon Y. Warren is a full-time artist and teacher. She has an Associate degree in commercial art from Thomas Nelson Community College in Hampton, Virginia. Soon Y. had numerous exhibitions and earned numerous awards.
Soon Y. is a signature member of
- National Watercolor Society (NWS),
- American Watercolor Society (AWS),
- Transparent Watercolor Society of America (TWSA)
- Southern Watercolor Artist (SW/LM),
- Texas Watercolor Society, Purple Sage Brush (TWS),
- Honor Society of Watercolor USA,
- Rocky Mountain Watermedia
- Society of Watercolor Artist (SWA).
Her paintings were published in:
- Honorable Mention in the Artist's Magazine competition in 2005 (Peacock)
- Finalist in the Still Life category of the 22nd Annual Artist's Magazine's Art Competition (Baby Breath)
- Forth place in the Animal category in Watercolor Magic Magazine Competition in 2005 (Waiting)
- Jack Richeson Grand Prize Awards in Watermedia Showcase 2005 in Watercolor Magic magazine (Red Senses)
- First Place in North Light Book Cover Competition in 2006 (Baby Breath)
- Second Place in Still Life category in Artist's Magazine Competition 2006 (Yellow Daisy)
- Final list in Still Life category in Artist's Magazine Competition 2006 (Tangerines and Art Deco)
- Finalist of two paintings in Susan K. Black Foundation - Blossoms -The Art of Flowers
- And Judges Excellence Awards with "Purple Heart"
- Finalist in Still Life category in the Artist's Magazine Competition 2008 (Left It Alone)
- NWS Purchase Award with Silver Star in 2008 (Feeding Time)
- Featured in cover of Watercolor Artist magazine in Jan -Feb, 2009 issue (Feeding Time)
- Honorable Mention in Southwest Art Magazine competition "21 over 31" and featured in November issue in 2009 (Left It Alone)
- Finalist in Interior and Landscape category in the Artist's Magazine Competition 2009 (Divine Lines)
- Finalist in International Artist magazine's in 2010, as published in issue April/May 2010
- Featured artist in Watercolor magazine, Spring issue, 2011
- Two paintings were included in "The Best of Watercolor, Splash 8" in 2004
- Two paintings were included in "Passionate Brushstrokes" Splash 10 in 2008
- Two paintings selected for Splash 11
- A painting selected for Splash 12
- Two paintings selected for Splash 13
- A drawing published for Strokes of Genius 3: The Best of Drawing
- A drawing selected for Strokes of Genius 4: The Best of Drawing
- Two painting included in Artistic Touches 4
- Published two watercolor painting technique books
- "Vibrant Flowers in Watercolor" with F&W Publication, (North Light Book) in March 2006 and
- "Painting Vibrant Watercolor: Discover the Magic of Light, Color and Contrast" published in 2009.
- Participated in the book, "Watercolor Secret," with one chapter, "Create Drama with Bold Composition," in 2009
She is represented by
Your Private Collection Art Gallery Granbury Texas
Southwest Gallery in Dallas Texas
Free Shipping on orders $75 and over before tax in Canada. International Shipping available to 55 Countries
Fully Secured Encrypted Payment methods for Convenient, Seamless, Safe & Fast Shopping Experience! (Desktop & Responsive Devices)
If you find a lower price online, in-store, or in print before you buy or within 30 days of your purchase we'll beat that price by 10% of the difference. In show of our gratitude for your support and appreciation for your patronage.
My survival stash of Derwent Artbars just arrived in perfect condition, and sooner than expected.
- Stephen Fieser
I wanted to let you know that I just received my online order of my favourite St. Armand Paper plus markers. I am so impressed with your service – thank you so much. I am a member of our local art centre here in Kimberley BC and we have very few choices of where to purchase our supplies. We usually leave our buying list to when we make our four hour journey into Calgary. You have made our lives so much simpler. I will passing on your website to my artist group of friends.
Thank you again.
I will be back.
- Marg Scott
Thanks very much Bob, the parcel arrived last Monday and the paintings are already hanging on the wall. I appreciate your excellent service.
I received your order promptly. I'm very impressed on how well packaged it was, as well as the choice of art supplies you have. I've now added you on my list of go-to suppliers...
- Carole Villeneuve
I do not do large orders often but have ordered with you once before. Your paint prices are so much better than Toronto art stores. If there are any product samples that you want to get rid of, I would be happy to receive them as I experiment with a lot of different supplies. Please save on packaging and send everything at one time. I stopped ordering from Amazon, because their overuse of packaging is out of control, and I prefer to support Cdn businesses as much as I can. Thank you for your great service, I had a great experience with my last order.
- Jennifer Dany Aube
I just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for sending, at no charge, the taper point shaper, I really appreciate it. Aside from this, I meant to drop you a note after I received my previous order which was also my first. Thanks for taking such great care in packaging the items purchased, such professionalism is rare to find, thank you!
I hope I’ll be able to broaden the array of items I will order from your store, I wish you’d carry PastelMat paper J